Our trained Patient Account Representatives are here to assist you with any of your billing, insurance, and payment questions or concerns. If you have a question, please call 573-256-3018. While your health is our first priority, we are sensitive to the high cost of health care and will do our best to deliver care in the most cost-efficient manner possible.
The patient accounts office is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and can be reached at 573-256-3018. For your convenience, we accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, cash, check, and money order for the payment of any remaining balance on your account. We also have online bill pay which takes credit/debit card or bank account payments.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to provide Missouri Heart Center with their insurance billing information at the time of service. Insurance and pharmacy cards will be copied as needed, but verified at each visit.
- If a patient’s insurance company requires a referral, it is the patient’s responsibility to request the referral from their primary care physician. Patients unable to secure the referral prior to the visit will be asked to sign a form acknowledging that they may be financially responsible.
- The patient’s insurance plan may require a prior authorization for certain radiological or surgical procedures. Approval is required by most participating plans. Patients that request a procedure, which has not been authorized, will be asked to sign a statement of patient responsibility.
- Patients presenting with job-related injuries need to inform the front office staff at time of visit that the injury is job-related. A call will be made to the employer to verify approval of services and obtain appropriate billing information.
- Missouri Heart Center does not become involved in third-party disputes. Per your request, Missouri Heart Center will file these charges with your medical insurance.
At the patient’s request, a copy of the advance directive will be placed in the medical record. For a copy of the advance directive packet, please click here.
Our policy requires that you provide 24 hours notice when you are not able to keep a scheduled appointment.