To apply to the following positions, please visit us on Indeed: Apply on Indeed
Certified Professional Coder- Columbia, MO
We are looking for a Certified Professional Medical Coder to work in the field of cardiology. We are also willing to hire someone with medical field experience who is not certified, but who is looking to transition to a career in coding.
GENERAL OVERVIEW: Responsible for processing hospital and outlying clinic charge information: auditing, coding, and entering into database. Completes billing process on all visits. Verifies accuracy of POS entry before release. Works with patients, carriers, and staff for account resolution.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research all information needed to complete billing process.
- Codes procedures and diagnosis performed.
- Key charge information into online entry system.
- Works with insurance companies and other staff to follow-up on accounts until zero balance or turned over for collection.
- Assist with coding and error resolution.
- Assist with answering the telephone and provide information as requested.
- Maintain required billing records, reports, and files.
- Assign appropriate codes using ICD-10/CPT/HCPCS coding guidelines.
- Request diagnosis from physicians when information is not recorded.
- Obtain and enter complete patient information.
- Work with staff and physicians to resolve coding issues.
- Conduct appropriate research for missing information – pull charts, use computer, interpret diagnostic and procedural codes.
- Access and work on multiple systems and websites.
- Train new staff as needed.
- Perform all duties in exact accordance with policies, procedures, and regulations established by Missouri Cardiovascular Specialists.
- Participate in educational activities.
- Attend mandatory meetings.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Some overtime may be required, including occasional weekends.
Part-Time PRN LPN or Certified Medical Assistant– Sedalia, MO
Missouri Heart Center is accepting applications for a part-time PRN LPN or Certified Medical Assistant to join our team in Sedalia. The primary responsibilities include rooming and preparing patients following established practice protocols: taking weight, vital signs, reviewing medication lists, perform EKG’s, histories and review of systems. Prepares all electronic medical records prior to the patient’s scheduled visit. This position is Mondays & Thursdays, with some additional Wednesdays (16-24 hours per week). No weekends, no holidays. Work will be performed between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm.
Qualified candidates will have a High school diploma or GED and certifications of a Medical Assistant (RMA, CCMA) or be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Cardiac experience preferred but not required. Must be familiar and comfortable using a computer and EMR systems.
To apply, please visit us on Indeed: Apply on Indeed
Missouri Heart Center is a leading provider of cardiovascular care in central Missouri offering a competitive benefits package including Paid Time Off (PTO), holidays, 401(k) plan, health benefits, as well as life and long-term disability insurance.